September 28 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
One event on September 16, 2021 at 8:30 am
One event on September 28, 2021 at 8:30 am
One event on October 19, 2021 at 8:30 am
One event on October 28, 2021 at 8:30 am
The purpose of the 5 day Foundations of Math Course is to:
- Increase mathematical content knowledge for teaching mathematics
- Impact attitudes and aspirations about effective mathematics instruction.
- Positively impact knowledge, skills, and teaching behaviors associated with evidence-based instructional principles.
- Increase knowledge and skills for implementation of evidence-based practices
Here are some of the topics covered in Foundations of Math:
- Research to Practice
- Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching Mathematics
- The Components of Number Sense
- Quantity, Magnitude and Numeration
- Base Ten, quality and Form of a Number
- Proportional Reasoning
- Algebraic and Geometric Thinking
- Assessment and Interventions
The Foundations of Math course was developed by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and the North Carolina State Improvement Project Improving Instruction for Students with Disabilities.