DATE: January 17, 2024 TIME: 9:00am – 11:30am TYPE: In-Person LOCATION: WRESA 200 Ridgefield Ct, Suite 206 Asheville, NC 28806 FEE: $25 WRESA Members $40 Non-members CEUs: 2.5 Contact Hours LIMIT: 30 Participants Audience: K-2 Classroom Teachers and AIG Specialists
Providing Resources to Nurture Potential
- Thinking Thursdays
- Getting logic into homes
- PETS (Primary Education Thinking Skills) Program
- Top Blooms for Primary Grades (Apply, Analyze, Evaluate, Create)
Incorporating Patterns into Daily Work
- “Looking for patterns is really the heart of mathematics. In fact, some
people have defined mathematics as the study of patterns.” ~Diane Briars
- Games, again…..
- Primary Education Thinking Skills Series, Nichols, Thomson, Wolfe, Merritt
- Good Questions: Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction in the Standards Based Classroom, Third Edition, Small
Presenter: Stephanie Knox, Ma.Ed., NBCT, is the AIG/Advanced Learning Lead Specialist for Buncombe County Schools. She has been working in gifted programming for 15 years and has been in education for 30 years. She has presented on a variety of topics but her favorite is gifted programming.
If you have additional questions, contact Candie Sellers at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unsure whether your school system is a WRESA member, click WRESA MEMBER List.