Dates: March 31, 2023 to May 31, 2023 Type: Online and Self-Paced (with STEM Webinars) Cost: $45 - WRESA Members $65 - Non-members
WRESA is excited to announce our annual STEM 2023 VIRTUAL CONFERENCE. This year our conference’s focus will be highlighting STEM educational leaders from WNC. Get excited and share your enthusiasm with your students. It is time to look to the future! We have so many wonderful teachers and leaders that are doing some exciting STEM activities and we want to share them with you. Join us for many outstanding STEM recorded webinars that will give our future students the knowledge of new novel tasks to be successful leaders.
Keynote Speaker: Beth Paretta
Beth Paretta is the founder, owner and team principal of Paretta Autosport- the first woman-owned, woman driven, woman forward team in INDYCAR history. Paretta Autosport operates under the mission of unifying the current generation and inspiring the next. Paretta Autosport shines a bright light on diversity and inclusion for all. It encourages girls and young women to study science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to ultimately diversify and feed the STEM workforce beyond motorsports. Beth is a business leader and is on a mission to inspire!
For more information, please contact Candie Sellers at email@example.com
Here are the topics covered in our recorded “Racing into STEM – 2023 Webinars”:
- Beth Paretta (Keynote Speaker)
- Bring Science to Life with STEM in Space!
- PBL Adventures: Using Virtual Reality to Connect Students to Science in Real Life
- Introduction to Forensic Anthropology
- Math in Music: Teaching Fractions and Digital Music Composition with Google Song Maker
- Blended Choice Boards to Personalize Learning!
- Canned to Creative
- Cultivating Creativity with Canva Edu
- Bringing Vocabulary to Life with Digital Stop-Motion Animation using Apple Pages and Keynote
- Did you Know That you Have Access to Free Digital Subscriptions and Many of These Resources are STEM related?
- Engaging Students with Curriculum Using Virtual Reality
- It’s Time: Empowering Problem-Solvers