Social Emotional Wellness/MTSS Regional Coordinator Job Description
- Provides training, consultation, and support to administrators, teachers, and school-based leadership teams to facilitate implementation of a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) in the region.
- Provides training, consultation, and support to administrators, teachers, and school-based leadership teams to facilitate professional development in the region.
- Assistance activities include observation and feedback, modeling, interpreting data and other supportive assistance necessary to implement a Multi-Tiered System of Support.
- Provides MTSS and Educator/Student Social Emotional Wellness regional professional development activities for school-based and regional personnel.
- Attends professional development and some school district-level meetings if invited.
- Models skillful use of data to inform decision making.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with regional and state personnel.
- Maintains effective and timely written and oral communication with regional personnel.
- Maintains professional competence through professional reading and attending appropriate workshops, courses, and conferences.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Reports to and performs other duties as assigned by WRESA.
- A Multi-Tiered System of Support model and implementation of a MTSS model in K-12 school settings.
- Academic and behavior interventions to support high quality instruction for all students and to meet student’s individual needs.
- Educator/Student Social Emotional Wellness practices and familiarity with professional presenters related to the topic.
- Measurement tools for various levels of assessment; including adaptive and curriculum-based measurement.
- Experience with adult learning strategies and presentations
- The work is performed while standing or walking.
- It requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- The work requires the use of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling of arm controls, and fine manipulations.
- Masters Degree in Education or related field
- Current teaching license
- 3 years teaching experience or related experience in the field of education
- Training in MTSS and Educator/Student Social Emotional Wellness strategies or equivalent experience
- Experience implementing MTSS Systems and employing Educator/Student Social Emotional Wellness Strategies
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 24 Months with possible opportunity to extend
SALARY: Dependent upon experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
WRESA is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested please contact:
Dr. Jan Webster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-774-5681 ext. 101